Eosin Y Solution Use Protocol
Home / Protocol
Eosin Y (EY) is a photosensitizer with a peak absorbance of 510nm, but reacts with bright white light when used in conjunction with triethanolamine (TEA) and 1-vinyl-2 pyrrolidinone (NVP), which allow successful crosslink initiation using visible light instead of UV light.
Included in this Kit:
– Okagel liquid at the required concentration
– 2 mM eosin Y disodium salt
– 20% w/v triethanolamine (TEA)
– 35uM 1-vinyl-2 pyrrolidinone (NVP)
1. Add 10ul of each of the 3 provided stock solutions per 1 ml of Okagel solution
2. Mix well and use immediately.
Note: the added volumes of the stock solutions can be changed according to your own application.